The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 30,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
We are currently seeking a Warranty Ambassador to join our team. Reporting to the Warranty Service Manager, the Warranty Ambassador will work with our Customer Care and Warranty Service department to provide excellence in customer care. The incumbent will be assigned to project/community locations as determined by the Manager.
- Requires the representative to travel from site to site, when required
- Personal Protective Equipment to be worn, and dress code is Daniels shirt and khakis/jeans
- Locations: Predominately working on active construction sites, pre-registration, as well as at Communities that have full occupancy and Condominium Turnover.
- Schedules all appointments with homeowners, including PDIs, 30-days, yearends and service requests, for access.
- Conducts in suite inspections including PDI and Quality Control, key release
- Acts as ‘key runner’ in unoccupied and occupied suites with trade personnel when needed
- Oversees / checks Tarion’s Builder Portal for submitted Tarion Statutory Forms. Distributes the forms as required.
- Attends periodic homeowner meet and greets after hours, when required
- Input of all warranty service items into QaPad, including updates and completion dates
- Review and assign subtrades to warranty items into Qapad. Cross reference exiting items in system to ensure proper service chronology.
- Acts as administrative support to the Warranty Service Department
- Attend homeowner meetings and seminars, after hours
- Compose and distribute homeowner letters
- Conducts service calls and schedules trades
- Ensure continuous and open dialogue with construction, condominium relations, and warranty
- Follow-up internally to ensure completion of work, including trade completions
- Liaison with subcontractors for service updates
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of warranty service reports which include: weekly and monthly statistics, project trends, ‘Top Ten’ lists, QA charts, PDI tracking, project tracking list and others related to Service and Warranty only.
- Communicates regularly with homeowner with progress updates
- Daily communication with Warranty Service Management
- Available after hours to oversee and respond to emergency complaints when required
- Schedules appointments for Warranty Service Management
- Project start up administrative duties such as: Prepares project specific excel spreadsheets for QaPad submission
- Preparation of Resident Service Portfolios
- Preparation of Pre Delivery Inspection and key package kits
- Assists the Warranty Service Manager in scheduling appointments with subtrades for warranty work
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – As the ‘Face of Daniels’
- Customer-centric, positive attitude
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have a sense of urgency, as well as patience
- Solid Microsoft Office computer skills is required with a focus on Word and Excel
- Experience with QaPad and Tarion
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team is essential
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Sonya Smith, Directory of Warranty Service, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26th, 2021.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.