SOCIAL IMPACT MANAGER
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 35 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
Daniels is looking to recruit a Manager to join the Social Impact team at our Toronto office. Reporting to the Vice President, Social Impact, the Manager will take a lead role in our building amenity activation program and developing a vibrant social infrastructure in new Daniels communities. This dynamic role provides an opportunity to work with various internal departments and external stakeholders to utilize real estate development as a tool for social impact. The position offers exciting opportunities for learning and creativity, and working on projects from inception to completion.
SOCIAL IMPACT @ DANIELS
As developers and builders, we have a powerful vision to leverage real estate development as a platform for positive social impact and city building. We recognize the potential for our industry to impact the way people live and the way communities come together.
That’s why we believe that when we create thoughtful places, we sow seeds of impact that grow houses into homes, ideas into businesses and neighbours into communities.
Our history has demonstrated the importance of creating opportunities for communities to come together over common interests including food and urban agriculture, arts and culture, sport and recreation as well as capacity and skill building. These unifying elements create dialogue, spark connections and ultimately foster inclusion, building community resilience.
It is for these reasons that our team works to incorporate these elements into the design of each community we build and support other organizations working towards community connectivity.
And we don’t just stop there. We go beyond “Corporate Social Responsibility” to advance city building initiatives including affordable and accessible housing, social procurement, inclusive local economic development, and building community capacity.
- Plan, organize and deliver successful events and programs that serve to activate common and amenity spaces within new condominium and rental communities
- Identify, retain, manage, monitor and evaluate service providers, community organizations, local businesses engaged in building amenity activation programs
- Liaise with internal Daniels team and property management teams in new communities to engage residents, activate spaces and implement programs
- Develop and update project monitoring tools such as reports, policies, schedules, databases, etc. on community engagement activities with effective impact measurement and evaluation
- Research and report on new trends in amenity and community offerings in new condominium and rental developments
- Oversee social impact approach as a subject matter expert on new Daniels communities as assigned and participate in the development and implementation of strategies in alignment with the firm’s purpose, brand and impact goals
- Align and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (including Project Leads, Development, Marketing, Design & Innovation, Finance, Construction Commercial Leasing, etc.) and external stakeholders (residents, partners, community organizations, etc.) on a wide-range of initiatives to maximize impact
- Actively manage new and ongoing social impact initiatives and goals (areas of focus include but are not limited to local economic development, arts and culture, food and urban agriculture, health and physical activity, education and capacity building, community engagement as well as social integration/cohesion)
- Manage budgets and reporting related to building amenity activation programs, social impact initiatives, community investments and social procurement
- Represent Daniels in the community, and develop and maintain relationships with new and existing stakeholders and interested parties
- Organize and participate in community events, tours and presentations geared to various audiences
- Duties and growth projects that may be assigned from time to time
We are seeking a community builder with vision and the ability to execute on existing programs and bring new programs and initiatives to life.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in a related field such as social impact, residence life, event management, community services, fundraising/philanthropy, or corporate social responsibility
- Familiarity with real estate development, planning and construction processes would be an asset
- Demonstrated relationship builder and communicator with ability to engage authentically and effectively with stakeholders from various backgrounds, internally and externally
- Team player who fosters connection and builds trusting relationships
- Strategic and critical thinker with ability to analyze problems, develop and implement creative solutions
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Generalist and fast learner
- Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Given the community-based responsibilities of this position, some flexible hours including evenings and weekends will be required.
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a current resume to Esi Atwere, Manager, People and Culture, at email@example.com by July 30, 2021.
The Daniels Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people of all disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.