The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
As a Project Manager that already has experience in working primarily on complex high-rise construction projects, this role will involve developing and executing project plans and schedules to successfully deliver projects while ensuring the highest safety and quality standards.
- Manage all aspects of pre-construction project work
- Manage consultants regarding scope of services including specific design, engineering, specialist consultants, and various other services
- Manage architects and consultant design schedules while ensuring design schedules and design coordination documents and projects are up to date and completed in a timely manner
- Drive the working drawing process to ensure a well coordinated set of construction drawings are delivered while maintaining budget constraint and overall construction schedule
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes with quality standards being maintained
- Develop and maintain the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Provide strong leadership and support to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintain, track, and report all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience as a Project Manager primarily on high-rise construction projects
- Minimum of 5 years site experience is required
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, or a related discipline is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets, and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short- and long-term solutions, anticipate patterns, and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Strong negotiation skills, an ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus.
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward your resume to Jasmyn Yattavong, Coordinator, People and Culture, at email@example.com by May 4th, 2022.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.