PART-TIME PAYROLL ASSISTANT (CONTRACT)
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 38 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a part-time Payroll Assistant to join the People and Culture team in the Toronto office for a 6-month contract. Reporting to the Senior Payroll Accountant, the Payroll Assistant will be in the office three days per week assisting with day-to-day payroll tasks. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and be familiar with payroll legislation and practices.
- Perform data entry using Excel spreadsheet or database commands and formats material as required
- Review discrepancies in data received, requests clarification or advises direct manager of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures
- Payroll and personnel administration documents’ flow management
- Enter and update data in payroll system (ADP Workforce Now)
- Prepare documents regarding employees’ life cycle
- Follow up with people managers on outstanding employees’ time sheets
- Ensure all data is delivered and process is run in accordance with set deadlines
- Handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity
- General administrative duties: maintaining filing systems, banking, scanning, photocopying, and arranging couriers
- Mail out year end documents as required (e.g. T4s)
- Track employee benefit eligibility and send benefit enrollment forms
- Assist with ad-hoc projects or analysis as required
- Coverage for receptionist’s breaks
- Current student or recent graduate of a payroll or accounting program
- Working knowledge of payroll legislation, accounting practices and principles, and compliance
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of formulas an asset
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now an asset
- Knowledge of labour union collective agreements an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team player
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward your resume to Denise Plamenco, Manager, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27th, 2023.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
An offer of employment is conditional upon the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. They are required to provide proof of vaccination to the Employer. The Employer will provide reasonable accommodation to any individual who is not able to comply with this vaccination requirement due to a disability or other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.