The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 35 years. Daniels has built more than 30,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a Developer. Reporting to the Director, IT the Developer will work with various teams to determine requirements and convert thought processes into tangible deliverables.
- Interact with end users, elicit, understand, and document requirements.
- Develop SQL Server SSIS and SSRS reports – overall across platforms.
- Develop custom web-based applications to meet specifications
- Develop and release (not limited to)
- Intranet site on Office 365
- With links/interfaces to SAAS and internal applications through Intranet
- A simple interface for users on the intranet site (HR, Safety department etc.) to upload daily, weekly user information to the intranet site
- Interface with applications (Newstar and Procore) with a view to develop or interact with API’s, wherein the APIs do not provide the ability to develop ETL (Extract Transform and Load) mechanisms
- Intranet site on Office 365
- Recommend middleware based on specific requirements or develop types of middleware mechanisms to pull data into a secondary database for reporting purposes.
- Interview, shortlist, and hire contract developer resources as required, supervise and ingest their code, efforts and implement code management strategies to keep the code structure clean, organized, documented and versioned. Support, mentor and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Promote code to UAT and Production environments.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing information requirements, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending improvements and enhancements to policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
Formal qualifications are not mandatory, however strong development skills and demonstrated successes are key. If you have some great formal achievements, please describe and walk us through those. We want to see what you have done and what you can do!
- Strong Business and Systems Analysis skills
- Strong skills in communications, eliciting, understanding, and documenting user requirements, translating them into a BRD (Business Requirements Document), and obtaining confirmation / approval before starting the project.
- Microsoft Development Platform, Visual Studio.
- Backend SQL, Access (some older 3 and 4 GL – these are to be converted to SQL and modern apps)
- Some open-source platform skills or willingness to learn quickly as needed
- Custom software :
- File Maker Pro based, CRM software for sales (Self hosted)
- SQL based custom developed software for operational activities , warranty management etc.
- Interfacing with Office 365, SharePoint Online
- Building and/or maintaining user facing Web based applications (Cloud hosted)
- Strong presentation skills
- A Servant-leader attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening skills
- Willing to keep abreast of state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work in accordance with tight timelines; Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Nice to have
- Experience with Procore, Newstar, File Maker pro,
- Custom build of modern apps transitioned from 3GL and 4GL Databases to SQL Server.
- Experience with people management is an asset
- Class A office on the waterfront
- Informal and friendly work-environment
- Work-From-Home (WFH) option is available 2 days a week, as discussed with the manager
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a current resume to Esi Atwere, Manager, People and Culture, at email@example.com by July 30, 2021.
The Daniels Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people of all disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.